Those interested in volunteering as a member of the Board of Directors should prayerfully consider the following expectations:
- Attend 75% of all Board meetings and review agenda, supporting materials and report in advance
- Attend annual end of summer organizational Board Meeting, usually in August, and any board retreats on strategic planning, visioning and mission
- Serve on at least one committee and regularly attend committee meetings
- Attend and/or bring guests to Guild events, retreats and classes, and actively encourage new patrons to attend.
- Actively participate in annual fundraising activities and events.
- Make a personally significant donation (consider matching gifts, sponsor grants, corporate contributions).
- Time: Committee work, annual director evaluations, fundraising, reading and understanding budgets and reports, and communicating all take time and effort. Some things may stretch your comfort level and require courage as well. As board members, we are asked to commit a significant amount of volunteer time to accomplishing these things.