8:00am – 6:00pm Pacific Time
Join in this day dedicated to art inspired by the theme of Viriditas!
Viriditas is the power and spirit of vitality, fecundity, lushness, and growth. Hildegard Von Bingen, the 12th century abbess and medical practitioner, used this term in reference to the capacity of nature, as well as our innate human ability, to grow and to heal.
It is in the spirit of Viriditas that we invite you into a day of making art!
Our schedule (in Pacific Time):
- 8am Welcome
- 8:15-9am Artist Talk by Kristen Gilje
- 9am-12noon Class
- 12pm-2pm Break/Lunch
- 2pm-4pm Open Studio (work time together in classes, no instruction)
- 5pm Sending Celebration
You will receive the zoom link to join, along with a short devotion, on Friday, Sept. 25, 2020.
Choose one of the following classes:
Introduction to SoulCollage® – A “Greening” Workshop for Beginners with Sally Freed –
SoulCollage® is a simple and fun process that nurtures our creativity and imagination. No artistic background is necessary to enjoy this simple, yet profound process. The magic and mystery of SoulCollage® is revealed through our collaged creations, allowing us to tap our intuition and inner wisdom.
Students will receive a SoulCollage® card-making kit, including a package of 12 cards, sleeves, ink pen, glue stick, and card-making frame. We’ll cut and paste our images (from old magazines, catalogs, calendars, etc.) onto 5″ x 8″ mat boards to create our collages – we’ll hope to create at least 4 cards by the end of the day.
You’ll need a pair of scissors, and a table with plenty of space to spread out your images and room to create your cards.
This workshop is open to all, including those who are new to the process, and those with prior experience who might enjoy a “refresher” and the opportunity to connect with others through SoulCollage®.
Learn more about Sally’s work here:
Lively Contour Drawing with Pen & Ink with Oriana Stevens –
- Waterproof fine point ink pens- at least 2 different sizes, ranging between 01 to 08. Example:https://www.michaels.com/pigma-micron-fine-line-pen-assorted-tip-3pk-black/10281574.html
- Sturdy art paper- 3 + sheets, 9 x 12″ or 8 x 10″ (bristol, watercolour, or multimedia) Example: https://www.michaels.com/strathmore-300-series-bristol-smooth-pad/M10063422.html?dwvar_M10063422_size=9%22%20x%2012%22
- Watercolor paint, colored pencil, or colored ink to add some color to your finished design
- At least 3 found natural objects that have a unique or appealing shape to you (examples: leaves, roots, common weeds like dandelion, wildflowers and stems, small gnarled branch, etc.)
Learn more about Oriana’s work here:
Program Fee: Please discern what you can afford.
Sliding Scale: $180 – $120 – $60
While we recognize the importance of the practice of art, faith and community in our lives at all times, we are especially sensitive to offering opportunities now. You can decide your payment level.
$180 – This is our Student and Supporter Fee.
$120 – Regular Program Fee
$60 – Reduced Fee/Partial Scholarship
Online terms and conditions: There are no refunds for online registrations, but they are transferable if you are unable to participate. When you register, you will be claiming a link that will be emailed to you the day before the program.
Date(s) - Sep 26, 2020