By Car –
From Wenatchee or I-90 via Blewett Pass:
Go west on US-2/97 toward Leavenworth.
After Safeway and across the bridge, turn right on the Chumstick Hwy (State Route 209).
Go 13 miles.
Bear right on Beaver Valley Rd, pass downtown Plain, stay left around the sharp bend, cross the bridge and turn left on River Road.
Look for the Guild sign, second driveway on your left.
Time: About 1 hour from Wenatchee. About 30 minutes from Leavenworth.
Go east on US-2.
At Coles Corner (about 20 miles from the top of Steven’s Pass, just past milepost 84), turn left onto State Route 207 toward Lake Wenatchee State Park.
Turn right at sign to “Plain” onto Beaver Valley Road (Hwy 209).
Turn right on River Road.
Look for Guild sign on your left.
Time: About 2 hours (120 mi) from Seattle. About 30 minutes from the top of Steven’s Pass.
By Plane –
Major airlines terminate at the Seattle-Tacoma (SeaTac) airport.
Options from SeaTac:
- Car rental. Follow ‘By Car’ directions from Seattle.
- Shuttle van service via Wenatchee Valley Shuttle to Peshastin Big Y Park ‘n Ride.
- Bus service from SeaTac to Leavenworth. Follow ‘By Bus’ directions.
- Horizon Airport in Wenatchee
By Bus –
Amtrak/Northwestern Trailways operates two buses a day from downtown Seattle to Leavenworth. Cost is about $24 one way. There is a morning bus and an afternoon bus, arriving in Leavenworth around 12:30 p.m. and 7 p.m.
To get to Amtrak/King Street Station from SeaTac, take Sound Transit’s Central Link Light Rail. The Light Rail station is approximately an 8-minute walk from the airport via a pedestrian path. Trains are frequent. When the train reaches Seattle, exit the Transit Tunnel at the International District/Chinatown stop. Take the escalator/elevator up to 5th and S. Jackson, walk down to Amtrak at 303 S. Jackson.
See schedule and maps at this link:
Cost is $2.50.
Allow at least 2 hours between the time your flight arrives at SeaTac and the time the Trailways bus leaves the Amtrak station in order to ensure that you make your connection.
By Train –
- Amtrak (the Empire Builder) stops in Leavenworth.
- Amtrak (Schedule and map)
- Seattle, WA (SEA) / Leavenworth, WA (LWA) / Leavenworth – Bus Stop, WA (LEV)
The Guild offers pick-up service:
- From/to Leavenworth – $20 per one-way trip
- From/to Peshastin – $25 per one-way trip
- From/to the airport in Wenatchee – $40 per one-way trip
If you need this service, please let us know your mode of transportation and arrival and departure times as far in advance as possible. Please note that on Sundays we are not able to provide transportation assistance during our programming between 7:00am and 11:00am. Please plan accordingly.