From Wenatchee or I-90 via Blewett Pass:
- Go west on US-2/97 toward Leavenworth.
- After Safeway and across the bridge, turn right at the signal light onto the Chumstick Hwy (State Route 209).
- Go 13 miles to Plain.
- Follow the road to the right onto Beaver Valley Road, taking you through downtown Plain.
- After the business buildings (grocery store, hardware store, restaurant), follow the road as it curves to the left around a sharp bend to cross the bridge.
- Turn left onto River Road just after crossing the bridge.
- Look for the Guild sign; second driveway on your left.
Travel Time: About 1 hour from Wenatchee. About 30 minutes from Leavenworth.
- Go east on US-2.
- At Coles Corner (about 20 miles from the top of Steven’s Pass, just past milepost 84), turn left onto State Route 207 toward Lake Wenatchee State Park.
- Turn right at sign to “Plain” onto Beaver Valley Road (Hwy 209).
- Turn right on River Road, just before the bridge.
- Look for Guild sign on your left.
Travel Time: About 2 hours (120 mi) from Seattle. About 30 minutes from the top of Steven’s Pass
Major airlines terminate at the Seattle-Tacoma (SeaTac) airport. Options from SeaTac include:
- Car rental at the SeaTac airport.
- Shuttle van service via Wenatchee Valley Shuttle to Peshastin Big Y Park ‘n Ride.
- Bus service from SeaTac to Leavenworth. Follow ‘By Bus’ directions.
- Horizon Airport in Wenatchee
Amtrak/Northwestern Trailways operates two buses a day from downtown Seattle to Leavenworth. Cost is about $24 one way. There is a morning bus and an afternoon bus, arriving in Leavenworth around 12:30 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Northwestern Trailways (bus schedule)
To get to Amtrak/King Street Station from SeaTac, take Sound Transit’s Central Link Light Rail. The Light Rail station is approximately an 8-minute walk from the airport via a pedestrian path. Trains are frequent. When the train reaches Seattle, exit the Transit Tunnel at the International District/Chinatown stop. Take the escalator/elevator up to 5th and S. Jackson, walk down to Amtrak at 303 S. Jackson.
See schedule and maps at this link: https://www.soundtransit.org/
Cost is $2.50.
Allow at least 2 hours between the time your flight arrives at SeaTac and the time the Trailways bus leaves the Amtrak station in order to ensure that you make your connection.
- Amtrak (the Empire Builder) stops in Leavenworth.
- Amtrak (Schedule and map)
- Seattle, WA (SEA) / Leavenworth, WA (LWA) / Leavenworth – Bus Stop, WA (LEV)
The Guild offers pick-up service from Leavenworth, Peshastin, and Wenatchee for an additional fee, depending upon staff availability.
Contact us if you are considering this service, as it is dependent on staff availability.
If you need this service, please let us know your mode of transportation and arrival and departure times as far in advance as possible. Please note that on Saturdays we are not able to provide transportation assistance during our programming between 7:00am and 12:00pm. Please plan accordingly.