Now in its fifth year, the Guild’s annual traveling exhibit provides regional churches with a curated exhibit of high-quality original artwork, complete with publicity and programming materials. Our newest exhibit is titled River Flow and features 15 original works of art by Guild faculty and artists in residence.
- Scott Burnett
- Rich Caemmerer
- Hannah Charlton
- Ron Cole
- Vonda Drees
- Kristen Gilije
- Nancy Hart
- Chuck Kirchner
- Bonnie Klatt
- Gray Lyons
- Mary McLeod
- Cynthia Yatchman
Several key questions guide and inform the artworks in this exhibit:
- Where is the current pulling us into new and undiscovered possibilities?
- How can we invite the waters of healing to flow abundantly within us and through us?
- Where are we called to stand in firm resistance against powerful currents and turbulence?
- How do we maintain the stamina to continue pouring ourselves out over time?
- What is your unfinishable work?
Exhibit Schedule 2019
January | Central Presbyterian Church, Eugene OR
February | John Knox Presbyterian Church, Normandy Park WA
March | Langley United Methodist Church, Langley WA
June | All Saints’ Episcopal Church, Richland WA
Don’t see a venue in your area yet? Check back soon! We update this schedule regularly as we finalize plans with additional churches. If your house of worship is interested in hosting the exhibit, please contact the Guild for available dates.
The exhibit comes with a variety of materials to help ministry leaders and congregations reach out to the local community, as well as engage with the artwork through worship, group activities, and individual prayer.
- Printed wall labels & curatorial statement
- Art Activity Instructions
- Resources Booklet with planning timelines, FAQs on handling art, suggestions for hosting a reception, etc.
Each hosting venue is responsible for:
- Picking up artwork from previous venue
- Distributing publicity to the community
- Installing the artwork on its premises
- Sponsoring a reception or open house
River Flow will travel from November 2018 – December 2019. The exhibit is scheduled in one-month increments. A monthly rental fee of $250 helps cover the cost of creating the exhibit and all accompanying materials. To schedule the exhibit for your venue, please contact the Grünewald Guild at (509) 763-3693 or [email protected].
This exhibit should be displayed a secure, well-lit space where artworks will be protected from damage or theft. This exhibit requires up to 40’ of wall space, as well as several sturdy pedestals or small tables for display of sculptural work.
Assistance with installing this exhibit may be available by special request.